The People Leak

Iowa has long struggled with how to keep its young people. Growing up here in Waterloo, it often seems like a losing battle. Now the state legislature has a plan involving no taxes for people under 30. Of course they wait until after I'm 30 to start this. The column does a good bit of explaining why it probably won't work. The reasons are legion. Best way to keep people in Iowa: a misplaced sense of obligation.

From Bookslut, Loudoun County, VA, and the mouths of babes.

Last night I wrote eight pages in chapter 15, making it longer than I thought and I'm thinking I'll split it in two now, since there's a little ways to go. So I'll find a nice spot for some cliffhanger joy tonight as I finish up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror

Conversations With: Dr. Daniel Dahlquist

My Advice For Writers