No Apostrophes, Please

The Grand List of Overused Sci-Fi Cliches. Here's my personal pet peeve: "Lots of apostrophes are packed into alien words and phrases for no apparent reason." H'rot'ngot. The hell? Or as Eddie would say, "Qua?" My rule: no apostrophes, ever.

Wrote a good bit of the monster mash tonight. People out there have to wonder what the hell I'm talking about. Hopefully someday they'll get to find out. I told Sugu I expect this to end up around 700 pages (360 tonight), but sometimes that seems unlikely. Others it seems conservative. But in a novel where you have at least ten main characters, and one that hasn't even been introduced yet (ok, two) maybe 700 won't be a problem...

By the way, Sugu was almost arrested the other day. They'll get him eventually. It's only a matter of time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror

Conversations With: Dr. Daniel Dahlquist

My Advice For Writers