Doing The Peanuts Happy Dance

My life is feast or famine. Ask anyone, they'll tell you. Good things in clumps, bad things in clumps. Today, this year hopefully, considering the last, seems to be the start of a good clump. I learned today I sold two short stories (commences with Peanuts Happy Dance to celebrate selling two stories in one day).

The first, "Paper Man", will appear in a forthcoming issue of Shimmer. The story is about a young blind woman named Millie who sees the world through the things she makes of paper.

The second is "Black Eyed Moon," about best friends who go in search of fallen moon rocks after an asteroid strikes the moon and the debris falls to earth. This will appear in the summer '06 issue of Fantasy Magazine. I want to take a moment and thank E. Sedia for her confidence in me and this story, and all her help. I really appreciate it.

Back to happy dance...

Comments

Benjamin said…
Congrats! I bet you're just having a great day right now.

Well, next time we hang out, I'll buy TWO rounds.
Darby said…
Sweetness.
Anonymous said…
Darby! I am so fucking psyched! You rock, it is truly just the beginning of a great year for you. I knew it. Keep sending them out. P.S. Can you still say "fucking" on blogs? P.S.S. See you in a month!
Darby said…
Fucking is totally fucking allowed. I can't fucking wait to see you Co, and you, too Mandy, next fucking month!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror

Conversations With: Dr. Daniel Dahlquist

My Advice For Writers