In The Cold

A cousin of mine showed up out of the blue last night. He's been 'out of sorts' let's say for a year now, and this is the first time I've seen him since my uncle's funeral. My cousin had a fight, I guess, with his folks. I ended up having to walk him home at four in the morning, in like zero degree cold, because no one would come get him (I don't drive). These things always make me anxious, because there's nothing to be done. I hate that feeling of helplessness, which seems so pervasive. It's starting to lift though in regards to downtown, to the community, and I'm taking a more active and hopefully constructive role in the Metro Arts Guild, trying to contribute to the downtown revitalization.

I've been working on the zine, the new short story, which is for a really interesting anthology about genetics, and of course, waiting. Always waiting to hear about submissions. Now, if waiting were a paying job...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror

Conversations With: Dr. Daniel Dahlquist

My Advice For Writers