Narrative Dreams

More narrative vs. non-narrative battles, all in one tidy place. Definitely give Narrativity a read.

Spent the night revising and submitting. I had a run last year where I wrote a lot of short stories, submitted them all, and sold none. Looking over some the last few days, I guess I see why; a lot of them are flabby and inconcise. Others just can't find good homes. I write lots of homeless stories. So I've put the flabby ones on a diet, and I'm making the rounds again to places I haven't considered in the past.

I had the most pleasant dream I think I've ever had last night. It was about a friend coming to see me, surprising me, rewarding all these wishes you store up over time; a day dream sort of thing but not deliberate, not designed, just there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing The Peanuts Happy Dance

The Book of Elizabeth

Roof on the Lake