I've decided to do separate posts on progress reports concerning my writing, because I tend to put them at the end of posts that then get too long. Tonight I finished - sort of - the first draft of the Aran Islands story. I got to the end, anyway. 35 pages, or about 9,000 words. I just needed to lay it all out and see what I had. I've never written a story like this; it needs some work, but there are things I like in it. It's still creepy and disturbing, maybe not spooky enough. Tomorrow night the real writing, the rewriting, begins.
I submitted the Millie story to her first magazine, too. Crossing fingers.