Are We There Yet?

NASA just called off Discovery's first landing attempt today, on account of bad storms off the coast in Florida. It looks increasingly likely that they will put down at Edwards, no matter what, around six our time.

I got back into the Angel Book in a big way tonight, writing 1,500 words in Chapter Seven. I was going to write some more, but my hands hurt terrible (even as I write this) so I'll leave something for tomorrow. I wanted to get back on track and finish a chapter in the book this week, and I'm glad I had some success tonight, because an idea for a new short story came to me today.

It actually was more like an amazing kinetic reaction that took place between a germ for a new story I got in KC and one I've had for a while now. I wrote four pages of notes on it and if not for some research I need to do on nursing, I probably could have written most of it tonight. I'll finally get to utilize some Ireland stuff I've had in the can for five years or so now, and surprisingly, to me, it focuses more on the Aran Islands than what I expected (Belfast or Dublin), but there isn't a hospital on Inis Mor, so that's perfect for what the story needs. I think it will be a little bit more in the horror vein than usual for me. And it won't be another weird Iowa story (weird Ireland), which will be a nice change of pace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror

Conversations With: Dr. Daniel Dahlquist

My Advice For Writers