Discovery Is Home



Discovery came out of the dark like a silver bullet early this morning. It was a flawless landing, start to finish. Even though the entire de-orbit process took just over an hour, it went by incredibly fast. So fast that the point everyone dreaded, the point where Columbia disintegrated, came and went without the held breath I remember with the 'throttle up' command I remember on many flights after Challenger (now that I think about it, still to this day I don't sit down until they get past this point). I'm glad they're home and all went well. Whatever the future brings, and no matter how flawed a creation the shuttle has been sometimes, it's still the coolest thing this kid from Iowa ever saw.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror

Conversations With: Dr. Daniel Dahlquist

My Advice For Writers