Chapter 21: Owned

Maybe not owned, but I broke through on problem child Chapter 21 the last two nights, writing about fifteen pages, and finishing the chapter. Brings it all up to 530 pages. I don't know how successful it was, or if it gets me where I need to go, but it's a start. I wrote so much I had to excise some of it for chapter 23. There's still probably too much in the way of information in this chapter, a lot of telling of things that can't be shown, and I'm not sure at this point how it can be avoided. Since I've already finished chapter 22, I think I'll go straight into 23.

The best part of 21 was that it dealt with the character who's been kicking around in my head since 1995, if you remember my mention of them. All this has been kicking around in my head since '95 or earlier, really, but this character has been on the bench until just now. I have a lot of ideas and characters in mind from years back.

Star Wars Midnight Madness is coming on Friday. Usually, Hasbro wines and dines you before screwing you over. Not this time.

Charles Webb won't release the sequel to The Graduate until after he's dead. I'm doing this, but with every book I've ever written.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror

Conversations With: Dr. Daniel Dahlquist

My Advice For Writers