Bit Of A Breather

So I haven't updated in a while. I've been sick, and I've had some disappointment with the writing. Another rejection from an agent. This felt like a stone that had been gathering momentum down hill for quite a while. The peaks and valleys of being a writer are well documented, so suffice to say, I'm in the valley part right now. This must be the long way around. I made a list of agents and I'm pretty much at the end of it. Can't get into grad school to save my life. Sometimes I get real discouraged, and then I think: I'm not made of tougher stuff than this? I guess we'll find out.

John Gardner described the process of writing a novel - let alone the trying to get it piublished for heaven's sake - as a 'fierce psychological battle.' And I'm exhausted, let me tell you. Hit the 500 page wall. I need a time out, coach. So a bit of a breather from the novel as I recouperate and sort out my thoughts.

I am working on the short story. Ten pages or so of that so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror

Conversations With: Dr. Daniel Dahlquist

My Advice For Writers