Always Playing

It's over!!! Good lord, I guess all us geeks will have to go get real lives now.

Sugu called last night, or actually very early this morning. We caught up and talked about Star Wars (naturally) even though he won't see it until July, I think. He's about to start reading my book, all 740 pages of it. I'll let you know if he survives.

Surprising no one, I wrote a little of what will become the next book, or the third in this trilogy I'm writing. It's really sketchy and only to get down on paper some ideas of what I might want to do when I do get to writing this for real. When will that be? I don't know. I keep telling myself I need a break from novels, but I've come to realize this channel is always playing in my head. I can't seem to turn it off. I bleed like a sive with words and ideas. Being chronically ill for over five years has taught me nothing can keep me from writing, so just wanting a break probably isn't enough. I do need a breather before I launch into the grand finale, though.

I submitted my newest short story to The New Yorker today, which I think is suffcient evidence that I have a sense of humor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror

Conversations With: Dr. Daniel Dahlquist

My Advice For Writers