And In This Week's Episode...

Not a lot going on here. Again. The monotony! Sweet lord, the soul crushing tedium of central Iowa in winter. I feel shipwrecked. Marooned. Soon I will be talking to volley balls.

Seems the election in Iraq went better than expected. I pray for success, for our men and women over there, and for their swift return.

Do I have anything to say about the Oscars? I don't know. The Passion thing. It's just another ploy for the culture hawks to get out their knives. I personally felt Jim Caviezal deserved a nomination for Best Actor, but the film itself, no. A lot of the reasoning behind the outcry is that The Passion was so popular, ergo it must be nominated. If the critics knew anything about the Oscars, they'd know this matters not one bit. If it did, Spidey 2 would be up for Best Picture too. Anyways, I'm rooting for Kate Winslet (Eternal Sunshine, now there's a movie that should have been nominated. Academy voters: you suck.) but she won't win, so.

After the week long slog of chapter 12, I blazed through 13 in two days. Maybe it was the tropical locale (it's another wintery mix here tonight) but I found myself amazed that I jammed out twenty pages without realizing. That puts the novel up over 300 pages. Definitely going to be my longest endeavor so far. I didn't get to the Harryhausen stuff yet, so there's lots to look forward to. Lions, tigers and bears, oh my.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations With: Dr. Daniel Dahlquist

Mirror, Mirror

My Advice For Writers