Other Shoe Drops, Film At 11

The NY Times is reporting Vice President Cheney disclosed the identity of CIA operative Valerie Plame to his Chief of Staff, Scooter Libby, who told a federal grand jury it was reporters that did.

Two things: 1) Oops and 2) WOW.

Rosa Parks has died.

A nice article about crafting language in sci-fi/fantasy over at SH.

The last few days it's been very difficult to write. I walk around with a knot in my stomach about what may or may not happen with my uncle. In times like these I write to give myself a breather, but it's been too hard to concentrate. I have ideas and and the desire to write, but it sort of fizzles as soon as I start, usually because the phone is ringing constantly, and your mind is elsewhere. I have been reading, Aimee Bender (she has a story called "Motherfucker" which is about, you guessed it, a mother fucker), Dorothy Alison, M. John Harrison... I've been reading some Dennis Lehane and Elmore Leonard to wet my appetitie for this idea I have for the novella. Leonard I've always loved, but Lehane is mostly new to me (his story "Until Gwen" is still swirling around in my head.)

It occured to me today, looking at my stack of books, that I read mostly women authors. When I read men, they're either writing about women (like Micheal Cunningham or say, Joss Whedon) or when they're writing about men, they're 'crime' writers, whether it's Lehane, Leonard, or even Tarantino.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror

Conversations With: Dr. Daniel Dahlquist

My Advice For Writers