No Foolin'

I learned yesterday that I sold my first short story. "The Switch" will be published in the anthology "Jigsaw Nation" sometime this fall. I'm very excited and shocked and relieved, I think, that at last all my hard work is starting to pay off, even just a little.

The anthology is built around the themed 'What If?' concept if the Blue States seceded from the Red States. I can't wait to see what everyone else came up with. For my part, "The Switch" takes place a short time in an imagined future, and is about a man trying to cross the Mississippi river from Iowa into Illinois, a task now something like getting over the Berlin Wall.

At least now on my taxes I can put down as my occupation: "Author, bitches!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror

Conversations With: Dr. Daniel Dahlquist

My Advice For Writers