They Built A Statue Of Us

My new crush.

Reviews of the anthology Jigsaw Nation, in which my story 'The Switch' appears, here, here, and here.

I did my small part to help get John Kerry elected in 2004, as did a lot of other people, so it pained me to see him misspeak so badly the other day, and then run over his apology a few times before actually giving it. But the galling thing - not because it's surprising - is the conservative response. First, cover your nose; the desperation is pretty toxic. Second, consider how silent these same voices were when Rish Limbaugh didn't botch his pathetic, blatant accusation that Michael J. Fox was faking the symptoms of his Parkinson's. Maybe they figure no one takes Limbaugh seriosuly; maybe they just don't care about people with diseases, unless it serves their purpose to.

So. I've been off the radar a long while. I'll be in and out but while I'm in front of a computer I thought I would pump some life back into the beast. I'm in the middle of a major revision of the Big Damn Trilogy right now, and have been for a few months. I'm very proud of how the books are coming along, but I still have a lot of doubt and dread about the third one, which looms large on the horizon.

From Ben: Six word short stories. I love these. Six words from Whedon? Gaiman? Are you kidding me?

My contribution: Osama woke up in a freezer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror

Conversations With: Dr. Daniel Dahlquist

My Advice For Writers