Stories

Having finished the new short story, I sent it out to the first round of magazines yesterday. I don't think I have anymore confidence it will sell than I did before my first story sold, but I feel confident, and that's a huge difference. I went through The Pile - you know the reserve every writer has of ideas and lines and characters that just never fit anywhere for some reason - and found an old story, three years old maybe, that isn't as bad as I thought it was. I might try and dust it off and make it workable. I'm also looking into attending one of these week long workshops the UofI puts on every summer. I haven't been in a workshop in years and as I jones for grad school, I thought this might be a nice way to get back into the groove.

I also FINALLY got back to work on the screenplay Sugu and I have been writing (or not writing) for quite a while now. I wrote five pages of it tonight and will try to do five more before I send it back to him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror

Conversations With: Dr. Daniel Dahlquist

My Advice For Writers