Bush 'Begins'

I saw 'Batman Begins' the other day, and it was excellent. It's bar none the best comic book film ever made, and for an hour or so, it was one of the best films I'd ever seen. I'd always liked Chirstopher Nolan a lot, 'Insomnia' especially, and I like him even more now. I was confused about the twist with the baddies, but Ben set me straight. And the surprise at the end had my co-pilot squealing.

I finished the first draft of the new short story today; I'm very happy with it (right now), I think I learned a lot writing it. It ended up 28 pages, or just under 7,500 words. In addition to the moon rocks one I'm submitting now, I have this and another I plan to send out over the summer.

Bush seems to be in it now. Just a few months ago there was this sea change when the elections in Iraq went off mostly well, when Lebanon booted Syria, and suddenly it looked as if the ends might justify the means. Except they never do, and now Republicans along with Democrats want out. They want his nose out of other's people business (no more gestapo Patriot Act shit), they want him to get straight about global warming, and some even want his head. You reap what you sow, and that's all there is to say.

And memo to politicians of all stripes: NO MORE NAZI B.S.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror

Conversations With: Dr. Daniel Dahlquist

My Advice For Writers