- I'm usually too tired from work and writing fiction to blog.
- Most everyone says I need to blog to promote my fiction.
- I write fiction to promote. On the blog I'm too tired to update.
- Most people think since you're a writer, you always know what to say.
- Most people - sometimes - think you must be smart, because you're writer.
- You calculate the speed at which excitement collapses into disappointment on someone's face as the time it takes you to answer, "So what kinds of books do you write?"
- Time=the books you want to write
- The best books you will ever write are the ones you dream about right before you wake up.
- You listen to music for economy and melody. You watch TV for rhythm and depth. You listen to the way people talk on the bus for dialogue.
- You tell everyone else who wants to write to read.
Friday, December 09, 2011
My Writer Pet Peeves
In no particular order: