Space... MADNESS!

I flipped back and forth this afternoon between the Steelers-Broncos game and this great documentary of Dickens on PBS. It wasn't so much a documentary as a faux-60 Minutes kind of thing where they conducted 'interviews' with Dickens, the people in his life, as if they were back in 1855 with a video camera. I enjoyed it as much as watching the Bus take the Steelers to Super Bowl Xtra Large.

I was on the couch watching all this because I was flat on my back in pain all day. I get these episodes every once in a while where the pain just overwhelms me. It started a couple of days ago and today the tide came in. This medication they have me on now does nothing but make me naseous. I can live with being in constant pain, I have for almost six years now, but the flare-ups get more and more spectacular, like they're in some race to top themselves, and life, work, everything becomes difficult.

Kat Sedia did me a big favor this weekend, reading my novel in progress. It's a tricky experimental sort of thing that I worried might fly apart on take-off, but she took the risk anyway, and I thank her. Her comments were very helpful, even if it did induce space... MADNESS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Then It Begins To Resolve

Doing The Peanuts Happy Dance

Mirror, Mirror