Things Fall From The Sky All The Time


The future is impossible to see. That's what I think of, when I think of Kit Baldwin.

Kit is the main character of my novel NAMELESS, which I won't detail here too much but has to do with superheroes. Kit becomes one, accidentally. The impetus for this story began in 2011, when I read this article about firefighters who refused to put out a house fire because the owner hadn't paid the bill for these services in his rural community. Seven years ago, that was shocking. in 2018, not so much. Kit began much earlier, way back in high school. She morphed and evolved and moved in and out of stories until she finally found her place in this one. Kit was right for Nameless because I wanted someone who didn’t fit into any of the worlds within the story. I wanted someone without power, but with a great sense of justice and decency. She finally manifested in this novel, but she didn't become real until today, when my friend and critique partner Alia Hess realized her in ink:


I'm speechless and VERKLEMPT and typing this from the puddle I've made on the floor. Words can't express my gratitude for Alia. I am beyond fortunate to have found my critique partners, who have blessed me with positivity, support and endless generosity. I could not have imagined my good luck a year ago when I joined this group, or the future ahead. The future is terrifying sometimes, but always possible. Anything is possible, as Kit has taught me.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Q: where do you find THE truth?
A: not from the L nor the R in this
feeble, fallible, finite existence:

I assume you know what a NDEr is:
millions around the world have
experienced as I went through.

'Follow us Uppastairs by honoring
the Mudda of God if you don'ta do
nthn else, kapiche??'
sez the Carnivæl Barker.
(isnt sHe anti-establishment?)

☆ en.gravatar.com/MatteBlk ☆
Dominus Vobiscum
(Latin: peace BwU).
God! Blessa! Youse!
Anonymous said…
<- I wrote that +
WP is odd = ç'est ça.

Howja like todo lottsa gobbsa
writing after our demise?
999+ oemnillionsObooks,
999+ oemnillionsOyears,
999+ oemnillionsOdesires??

yooNeye definately can;
we can do anything and
everythn VanGogh's 'starry sky'.
Here's how, miss gorgeous:
● NOPEcantELOPE.blogspot.com ●
Cya soon.
-the resi/dude

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror

Conversations With: Dr. Daniel Dahlquist

My Advice For Writers