Was It The Gun, Wrench, Knife, Or Book?

I like big books and I cannot - well, on second thought. 1,390 pages! 4 1/2 pounds! Finally, the weaponized novel.

As if to answer my prayers, the MFA blog. Check it out, if you have any inkling at all of pursuing a graduate degree in creative writing.

I get to proof read some of Sugu's stories today (he's reading the Aran story right now for me) and hopefully catch up on the Angel Book. I think I did come to the bit I left it at way too soon, and I need to let things percolate a little bit more before I pull the string. The main character in the book has always been a passive, 'oh, well' type of person her whole life, and in the course of the book she is manipulated to one extent or another by opposing forces; the trick for me is to find the right moment when she stands up and says, "no more." I think with her, it's two things, in stages: she's not going to be manipulated or led around, and then, she's not going to sit back and do nothing anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror

My Advice For Writers

Conversations With: Dr. Daniel Dahlquist