A Heaven Of Hell

'A confirmation of Proust's quip that the only true paradise is paradise lost, Waterloo is a meditation on human failure and decline.'

Ah, you have to read this, an article about a book called 'Waterloo,' a thinly veiled fictional portrait of Austin, Texas (originally named Waterloo, by the way). Some day I will write a thinly veiled book about Waterloo, but I will call it "Austin."

You think there are tornado chasers on Mars?

I don't know who she is, but she's pretty:



I was out for my walk tonight around sunset, and one of these giant purple-violet bruisers that had been looming overhead started to break apart in the middle, right in front of the setting sun. At first, it looked like a wad of bloody spit. Then, a red/orange gassy nebula like in one of the Hubble's deep space pics. And at the end, when it wasn't a storm cloud anymore, it looked like something out of a Max Parrish painting. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Then It Begins To Resolve

Doing The Peanuts Happy Dance

Mirror, Mirror