Shuttle Grounded

Even with the Discovery in orbit, NASA has just grounded the fleet indefinitely, until they can 'solve' the foam problem.

Earlier today I was chatting with a friend and wondering if something had happened to Discovery and they had to send up Atlantis after them, what guarantee did NASA have that Atlantis wouldn't be struck by a piece of foam debris? Zero. And what then? Would the Russians have to send something up - could they? They don't have anything to bring fourteen people back at once.

For all intents and purposes, this is the end of the shuttle program. I hope and pray Discovery did not sustain any damage, and that the crew gets home safely. I hope we can go forward, smartly, wisely, and start over again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing The Peanuts Happy Dance

Then It Begins To Resolve

The Book of Elizabeth