Bit Of A Breather

So I haven't updated in a while. I've been sick, and I've had some disappointment with the writing. Another rejection from an agent. This felt like a stone that had been gathering momentum down hill for quite a while. The peaks and valleys of being a writer are well documented, so suffice to say, I'm in the valley part right now. This must be the long way around. I made a list of agents and I'm pretty much at the end of it. Can't get into grad school to save my life. Sometimes I get real discouraged, and then I think: I'm not made of tougher stuff than this? I guess we'll find out.

John Gardner described the process of writing a novel - let alone the trying to get it piublished for heaven's sake - as a 'fierce psychological battle.' And I'm exhausted, let me tell you. Hit the 500 page wall. I need a time out, coach. So a bit of a breather from the novel as I recouperate and sort out my thoughts.

I am working on the short story. Ten pages or so of that so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Then It Begins To Resolve

Doing The Peanuts Happy Dance

Mirror, Mirror