Backstory

The new - and last ever - Star Wars trailer is announced. Let the geek begin. I remember as a kid being very upset after learning there would be no new SW films after Return of the Jedi, and then upon learning of the 'prequels' as they're known now, I just could not wait. Now it's nearly over.

Backstory is a wonderful new blog I've found where writers reveal their stories on the way to publishing. This comes from Buzz, Balls, and Hype which is also a lot of fun.

I realize I report on the progress of the novel here, but say very little about it. A teacher of mine once said writers who talk about their work were somehow sinful; it put me off ever talking about my work, but I understand now he meant writers who talk about writing and books/stories they mean to write but won't, that's the 'sin.' Talking about writing and having your friends unscrew the giant mess you've made of your story, that's a blessing. Still, I'm not gonna talk about the book. Except to say I wrote ten pages in chapter 20 tonight, and probably could have done more if I didn't want to leave some in the tank for tomorrow. The novel is up to 460 pages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Then It Begins To Resolve

Doing The Peanuts Happy Dance

Mirror, Mirror