(Insert Title Here)

Titling books is hard. Real hard. I'm going through this same lousy process myself. I used to be good at titles, but that was back before I was good at writing books. If I am at all, that is. Titles have to be the single most intangible thing about writing. A wrong title can doom a good book. A great title can help a crap book. I'm having difficulty finding the right title for the Angel Book. I suppose I could call it "THE BEST NOVEL EVER WRITTEN" or "READ THIS OR DIE." I have a few different ideas, and one I really like, but it sounds a little too much like the title of a kid's book, which this is not at all.

As for the new novel, I like the title and I don't. It's apt. It's simple. But I don't know if it's distinctive enough. We'll see I guess. Tonight I should finish chapter 15 and at long last get to the monster mash.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing The Peanuts Happy Dance

The Book of Elizabeth

Roof on the Lake