Freedom Rings (It's the NSA, On Line 1)

People who would give up a little freedom for a little more security deserve neither. - Benjamin Franklin

John Spencer, dead at 58.

I'm working on a new short story. It just sort of came to me the way shorts do, which is fine, because I didn't feel like starting up the mountain again on anything major. And I've been wanting/saying that I'd like to write something other than prose for a while now, so maybe before I tackle the third book in the sci-fi trilogy, I will. A screenplay, or maybe a play; something different.

My aunt Charlene will be coming up to stay with us in Waterloo in the next few days. I think it's only for a week for right now, but she's thinking about moving back home to Waterloo. I go back and forth about staying/leaving, too. I had plans to leave before my uncle died, but now with all this opportunity here, with the prospect of bringing the kind of artistic community to Waterloo that I'd be leaving it for, I'm very conflicted. It's the only reason I would stay, and I go back and forth daily over whether it's enough. I would like to contribute here, do something constructive with my life and for this town, but I'd be risking continual exposure to the family BS that has all but driven me out of here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror

My Advice For Writers

Conversations With: Dr. Daniel Dahlquist